Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hey little girl on the spending spree, I don't come cheap but the kisses come free

My birthday was over a month ago and I just realized I should post about it!

There are plenty of places here in Ann Arbor that offer birthday deals, but the best places to go are the ones that offer a free item, with no strings attached!

I prepared by putting together my own mini list of the places I definitely wanted to visit. I made an excel sheet with the name, the free deal, the address, and phone number. Before going to each place, I called to double check that they were still offering the birthday deal. This also smoothed out my awkward "Hi, it's my birthday" introduction when I arrived to each location, since they were kinda expecting me. Z was super serious about this mission; he routed out the most efficient path possible on google maps before we left for our free adventure!

So the goodies:
(Z took a pictures of me with each item, but I don't post pictures of myself--so you'll have to use your imagination for some of these, or get it free yourself on your birthday! My pictures suck anyway! Stupid Nikon coolpix!)


1. Six free bagels from Zingerman's Bakery and a free scoop of strawberry gelato from Zingerman's Creamery
This gelato was to die for. It was like eating a cloud! A delicious delicious cloud.
2. Free oatmeal chocolate chip cookie and a brownie sample from Great Harvest Bread Co.
I can't say anything about this cookie, because Z ate mine. Great Harvest has lots of great samples, though!
3. Free chocolate cupcake from Zingerman's Roadhouse

I nearly fell over when I saw how much care they put into this free cupcake! It was so pretty, I didn't want to eat it.
4. Free chocolate truffle cupcake from Cake Nouveau

Also delicious, but I think the fact that it was free amped up its tastiness.
5. Free green tea from TeaHaus
I selected the green tea with strawberry aftertones. I ended up giving it to Z. I don't think I'm a fancy tea person. Lipton, anyone?
6. Buy one get one free entree from Angelo's

I got a california club and Z got the pastrami. Both were so good.
7. Another six free bagels from Zingerman's Deli
Tackled the entire Zingerman empire! Yes!
8. Free scoop of something from Ben and Jerry's
I didn't have to fill anything out like the ArborWiki website said.
9. Free like it sized raspberry sherbert with raspberry mix in from Coldstone Creamery
I got this a few days after my birthday, and had to go all fruit because I was still experiencing chocolate overload from before!

For dinner, Z and I were joined by Sn, Howitzer, and Rachel to Good Time Charley's. Another free entree here! After a rather aimless walk around downtown, we ended up at Bubble Island for my free bubble tea!

Rachel was a master at Wheel of Fortune, or whatever that game is where you guess the phrases after guessing correct letters. You know, the one that's kinda like hangman? But not really? I don't care enough about what it's called to look it up.


 
She figured out this one when it only had Es on the screen. 

This one was so annoying! I will never read this book because of this loss!

And so ends my wonderful almost-free birthday! I use the fact that I went to 12 different places to obtain free things for my birthday as my "interesting thing about me" at those icebreaker games. So glad that I've found something to replace "my favorite food is pancakes."

Z's birthday is in late August, so we're gonna go at it all over again and we'll make sure not to forget any! I forgot about the coupon I had printed out for a free scoop at Baskin Robbins, but we won't miss it next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment